- Kids in economically disadvantaged communities often lack knowledge of basic math concepts.
- Additionally, a large majority of students living in disadvantaged communities are minority students
- It is difficult for these kids to move forward in math. The learning gap increases over time for these children as they get farther and farther behind in math.
- Challenges often include:
- Poor living conditions
- Non-affordability of books
- Lack of access to schools and teacher help
- No homework support
- Lack of educational supplies at school
Goals & Objectives
The program will provide tutoring, mentoring, and fundraising to purchase necessary educational supplies. The goal is to help close the learning gap for economically disadvantaged and minority students, so they can further their education and accomplish their educational goals.